Resetting and changing character skills in Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord – guide.
During the passage of Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord, you will be engaged in character development, trade, and the capture of fortresses. To complete the game, you will need to upgrade various skills and increase parameters. But in the abundance of data, it is easy to make the mistake of learning the wrong ability that you need.
You may even want to switch weapons. However, there is no option to reset stats and skills in Bannerlord. So you have to use cheats. Next, we’ll show you how to do it. But before that, we recommend creating a separate save so that you can continue the game if problems arise.
What to do to reset skills and characteristics
- Turn on cheats
To activate cheats, you need to open the Documents folder on your computer, and then go to the game folder. Next, find the “Configs” folder and open the “engine_config.txt” file. Use notepad or another program to read text documents.
Now press the key combination “Ctrl + F” and look for the phrase “cheat_mode”. When you select the desired part of the text, find “=”, and after it change the number “0” to “1”. These actions activate cheats. To turn them off, again put the number “0” after the “=” sign.
- Install the mod to bring up the developer console
You can use cheats only after installing the Developer Console mod. Download the program, and then follow these steps:
- Unzip the archive to the folder with the game on drive “C”;
- Log in to Bannerlord and go to the “Mods” section. Next, check the box next to the phrase Developer Console;
- Launch the game and press the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + ~” – this will activate the developer console.
If everything is done correctly, you will see the console in the launch menu. If it does not appear, make sure you have extracted the data from the archive to the correct location.
- Write down the characteristics of the hero
Take a screenshot of the character or write down all his parameters. Without this data, it will not be possible to assign the same values to skills as they were before the reset. And also you will not be able to get the required number of development points, which will correspond to the level of the hero.
- Activate the console to reset skills and stats
Load a suitable save, and when the game starts, bring up the developer console with the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + ~”. Next, insert the commands described below one by one. You do not need to copy the text in brackets – this is an explanation for you:
- campaign.reset_player_skills_level_and_perks (complete reset of the hero);
- campaign.set_skill_main_hero [skill name] [level #] (all abilities will get the levels they were before the reset. Use the screenshot or notes to assign the same levels to the skills. This way you will get your hero, but you can redistribute development points;
- campaign.add_skill_xp_to_hero (the hero will get the level he had before the reset and you can redistribute all skill points)
- campaign.add_attribute_points_to_hero [set number] (using this command, you can add any number of points for boosting parameters);
- campaign.add_focus_points_to_hero hero [set number] (with this command you can get any amount of focus points).
Now you know how to reset the hero’s abilities and parameters in order to redistribute development points and create an invincible character.