These are the ways you can get Eevee to evolve into the Fairy-type Sylveon in Pokémon GO. Discover all the tricks to achieve it!
The Pokémon Sylveon , originally from the sixth generation and the Kalos region, finally arrived in Pokémon GO in May 2021 . This is the Fairy-type evolution of Eevee , the popular creature that has a lot of different evolutions (we remind you that in our complete guide we have previously reviewed how to obtain other of its evolutions, such as Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon or Umbreon and espeon ).
Specifically, in this post we are going to explain all the methods that exist to be able to evolve Eevee into Sylveon in Pokémon GO; from the trick of her name to other alternatives to get hold of Sylveon whenever we want easily . Everything is to know how to get this special Pokémon. ADVERTISING
As with the rest of the Eevee evolutions, Sylveon can be obtained in a special way through a trick that has to do with changing the name of our Eevee before pressing the evolve button. Of course, you will first need to have accumulated a total of 25 Eevee candies in order to proceed with the evolution.
When you have the candies, all you have to do is the following: first go to the Pokémon tab of your inventory and open the data and details of an Eevee that you have caught. Once here, select the icon that allows you to change the Pokémon’s nickname to give it one that will immediately make it possible for it to evolve into Sylveon.
- To get Sylveon : Rename Eevee to Kira .
Be careful, it is important to note that Eevee’s new nickname has to be like this: “Kira”. That is, with the first letter in capital letters (just as you can see in the image that accompanies these lines).
If you’ve done it right, the silhouette next to the “Evolve” button automatically changes to Sylveon’s silhouette instead of a question mark icon. And that’s it, all you have left is to press evolve to get your beloved Sylveon.
Now, remember that this trick can only be performed once per account . You can only apply this trick the first time . The rest of the time, even if you name an Eevee with the nickname of Kira, it will not necessarily evolve into Sylveon, but will do so randomly in any of its possible evolutions (with a bit of luck you may get Sylveon, or perhaps one of the the rest).
If you’re having trouble performing the Eevee name change trick, it may be for one of the following reasons that you should be aware of:
- Pay attention to the Capitals : Yes, the capitals in each of the names count, so do not forget them!
- If you have already performed the trick before , it will probably not work for you anymore, since it is a way that the game has to prevent people from abusing it.
- Remember that it is recommended to restart the application when you have already changed the name of your Eevee so that it is registered in the app and there are no problems when giving it the candies.
The renaming Eevee to get Sylveon trick is great for the first time you want to get the Pokemon, but what about the rest of the time? Luckily, there is another alternative method that we can apply to get Sylveon as many times as we want and this is to get a total of 70 hearts using Eevee as a Companion.
To get Sylveon guaranteed, what you have to do is the following steps :
- Select an Eevee: as your Partner Pokémon (it has to be the Eevee you want to evolve into Sylveon).
- From now on, accumulate hearts with this Companion: spend time with him every day, walk with him, give him treats, play and pet him, fight him , take snapshots of him, or visit new Pokéstops .
- Little by little you will accumulate hearts with your Eevee: when the total number of hearts gained with this Eevee companion reaches 70, Eevee will immediately evolve into Sylveon.
And that’s it, so you’ll have Sylveon guaranteed ! Remember that the higher your friendship level with Eevee as a companion, the faster you will earn hearts with him. This whole process described takes more time than the mentioned name change trick, but as an advantage we ensure that 100% of the time Eevee will evolve into Sylveon, which is fantastic, right?