The best ways to make Genshin Impact’s new character Kamisato Ayato perfect in any battle.
With the recent arrival of patch 2.6 in Genshin Impact , a character has finally arrived who has captivated fans of the free-to-play MiHoYo title since its reveal: we are talking about Kamisato Ayato . The new 5-star character is the older brother of Kamisato Ayaka , one of the first heroines to be introduced during the debut of the nation of Inazuma. Ayato enjoyed a certain fame even before officially appearing, thanks to the constant references to him made in many dialogues by different characters.
Now that it is finally available it can be said that expectations have not been disappointed. The character is the head of the Kamisato clan that manages the internal affairs of the nation of Inazuma, and through a new quest dedicated to him introduced in 2.6, we will be able to discover different sides of his character. As a playable character Ayato is instead a Hydro element swordsman , very strong both as DPS and as support. Let’s find out the details
Main skills of Kamisato Ayato
Kamisato Ayato is a character devoted above all to attack in Genshin Impact , although some of his skills can also provide support to the other team members. In combat, he uses a sword and is very focused on normal attacks , although both his Skill and his Burst deal Hydro damage. As he levels up he will increase his DMG CRIT , which gives him a huge advantage in dealing damage. Let’s see in detail how his skills work.
- Elemental Skill: Kamisato Art: Kyouka – Upon activation Ayato assumes the Takimeguri Kanka position and leaves in its place an illusion made of water that will explode after being hit or after 6 seconds of being on the field, dealing damage to the Hydro area .
In Takimeguri Kanka state, Ayato can strike with lightning-fast sword strokes called Shunsuiken , which convert her normal attacks into Hydro-type area attacks. Each Shunsuiken that hits an opponent gains one level of the Namisen effect. This increases the damage of each subsequent Shunsuiken based on Ayato’s maximum HP. The maximum accumulation of Namisen levels is 4. This effect will end when the Takimeguri Kanka position ends or when Ayato leaves the battlefield.
- Elemental Burst: Kamisato Art: Suiyuu – Ayato creates a large circular area covered with water where Bloomwater Blades continue to rain and deal Hydro-type area damage to enemies within. Additionally, all characters within the area will get a damage bonus for all normal attacks .
As for the Talents to upgrade, Ayato does damage especially with his Skill , which will take precedence over Burst and normal attacks. The Burst is also very important especially if you want to give a more supportive imprint to the character.
The best weapons for Kamisato Ayato
Let’s find out what are the best weapons for Kamisato Ayato in Genshin Impact .
- Haran Geppaku Futsu : the 5-star sword released in this new banner as usual is the weapon specially designed to make Ayato’s potential shine. In addition to having CRIT Rate as a secondary stat, it offers a 12% damage increase for any elemental damage. When other characters use an Elemental Skill, the character who equipped this sword gains a level of Wavespike. A maximum of 2 Wavespike levels can be achieved, and this can happen every 0.3 seconds. The Wavespike effect comes into play when the character equipped with the Haran Geppaku Futsu uses his Elemental Skill: each level of this skill will boost normal attacks by 20% for 8 seconds
- Primordial Jade Cutter : Among the 5-star weapons this is a great choice for Ayato, as it boosts the CRIT Rate stat and boosts HP by 20%. It also increases the attack power of the character holding it by 1.2% of maximum HP.
- Mistsplitter Reforged : The sword meant for Ayaka is also great for her brother. This katana is able to power up whenever a normal attack that deals elemental damage is used, when an Elemental Burst is used, and when the energy for the Burst is not at maximum. The weapon increases its levels up to 3 dealing 8/16/28% bonus elemental damage related to the element of the character holding this sword. The weapon also gives 12% more base elemental damage simply by equipping it.
- The Black Sword: One of the best 4-star swords for Ayato. Increases the damage of normal and charged attacks by 20%. Additionally, it converts 60% of the character’s attack value into HP when a normal or charged attack deals critical damage.
- Amenoma Kageuchi : Another 4-star sword that can be easily recovered through the Blueprints in the game. This katana increases Attack as a secondary stat, and also allows you to generate a Succession Seed every time you use an Elemental Skill. Up to 3 Succession Seeds can coexist and each lasts 30 seconds. When using an Elemental Burst, Seed regenerates 6 points of energy to the character. Useful for Ayato whose Burst needs a lot of energy.
Best artifacts for Kamisato Ayato
Let’s see what are the best artifacts to equip on Kamisato Ayato in Genshin Impact .
- Echoes of an Offering : This new set of artifacts was introduced right in 2.6 and looks like it was designed especially for Ayato. With 2 equipped parts you will increase the Attack by 18% , while with 4 instead, when a normal attack hits an opponent there will be a 36% chance to activate the Valley Rite effect , which will increase the damage of normal attacks by 70% . This effect will wear out immediately after a normal attack has dealt damage, but if an attack fails to trigger the Valley Rite effect then the chances will increase by 20% on the next hit. This effect can be activated once every 0.2 seconds.
- Heart of Depth : This set that focuses on increasing Hydro damage is perfect for Ayato, especially as equipping 4 parts will also improve normal attacks. This set increases Hydro damage by 15% with two parts equipped, while with four, normal and charged attacks will be 30% more powerful for 15 seconds after using an Elemental Skill.
- Gladiator’s Finale : This set is great for increasing physical damage in general. In fact, with two parts equipped it will increase the attack by 18% , while with four, those who use a sword, a claymore or a spear as a weapon will see the damage of their normal attacks increase by 35%.
Of course it is also possible to make a mix of these artifacts by equipping two parts of one and two of another based on what you prefer to upgrade. As for the Statistics to be given priority: for the Sand it is advisable to ATK% even if you could opt for Energy Recharge if the value was too low to load the Burst quickly. For the Goblet undoubtedly Hydro DMG , while for the Circlet either CRIT DMG or CRIT Rate , whichever you need more. Considering that Ayato already increases with the CRIT DMG level, it is recommended that the CRIT Rate is already very high.
As for the Sub Stats , we always recommend giving priority to ATK%, CRIT DMG and CRIT Rate, but without disdaining the bonuses to HP and Energy Recharge that increase both the damage and the speed of energy accumulation for the Burst.
Ultimately Kamisato Ayato
Kamisato Ayato works very well as a DPS , as its Elemental Skill is able to inflict huge damage in a short time and in addition it has a very low cooldown. Its Elemental Burst enhances the normal attacks of those within the area of effect, as well as inflicting continuous damage, this effect is also applicable to Ayato himself who will see his Elemental Skill enhanced further. Ayato, however, being of the Hydro element manages to blend well in different teams to inflict even more damage thanks to the elemental reactions .
When used as a Main DPS it goes well with Electro-type characters, especially those who can deal damage when not on the battlefield like Fischl and Beidou. In this case Ayato’s water attacks can be enhanced by the Electro-Charged effect . Raiden Shogun and Yae Miko also work well with Ayato for the same reasons. With a Cryo-type character, Ayato is able to freeze enemies easily , which is why she works well with her sister Ayaka or with Ganyu , who are able to use Bursts, which stay on even when they are not present.
On the other hand Ayato is not among the best characters to apply Hydro status when not in the field, in case you want to use it as a support for a Cryo DPS character. Another very powerful elemental reaction is Vaporize , which can be used by Ayato paired with characters like Xiangling or Bennet, or even Yoimiya. Thoma is also a good candidate as Ayato’s support , as in addition to protecting him with shields, his burst will allow Ayato to easily activate the Vaporize reaction. An Anemo-type character like Venti or Kazuha will be able to further enhance the effects of the reactions already described. Finally Yun Jin works well with Ayato since his Burst is capable of boost the normal attacks on which the new 2.6 character is based.