Slow motion effect is an effect that enhances your video. With the help of Slow motion, you can slow down any video and watch it. You must have seen in many music videos how this effect happens. And you must have seen it in many sports videos as well how they slow down a video to see the points in a match.
Now you can use slow-motion video to review sporting events, analyze athlete movement problems, optimize your team’s strategy, collect surveillance data, create video tutorials and guides, create music videos with cool effects, etc.
There is a wide range of software options on the market that allow you to apply slow motion effects to your videos.
In this article, we will explore some of the best options available. This top 6 list contains powerful professional video editing tools, and also has user-friendly and easy-to-use options that can be used by beginners.
Best Slow Motion Video Editing Software
- This top list includes slow motion editing software that meets the needs of both beginners and professionals.
- If you’re more interested in professional video editing, you can check out our list of the best video editing software for shaky videos
- For sharp videos, it is worth checking out what is the best software to improve video quality, apart from high quality recording cameras
- See Video editing section for more details
You can now use slow motion video to watch sporting events and analyze athlete movement issues. Optimize your team strategy, collect surveillance data, create video tutorials and guides, create music videos with great-looking effects, and more.
There are various software options available on the market. Slow motion effect for your video.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the best options available. This top 6 list has user-friendly and easy-to-use options for beginners along with powerful professional video editing tools.
Adobe After Effects CC (Editor’s Choice)
Adobe After Effects is another great software option that allows you to easily slow down or speed up your videos while providing many other useful video features. After Effects is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud pack, but can be purchased as a standalone version.
When it comes to ease of use, After Effects does require a steep learning curve and is a little harder to use than the other software alternatives presented in this article. If you find the wide range of features and options of this software a bit overwhelming, you can always access it. Adobe Tutorials page.
The main functions are as follows.
- Access to masks and shape points
- Wide range of motion graphics
- Data-driven animation tools — Easily animate charts, graphs, and more.
- Wide range of customization tools
- Professional editing features
- Cinema 4D Lite R19 . 3D Pipeline with
- multiple effects
Movavi Video Editor (Recommended)
Movavi Video Editor is another great tool you can use to easily apply slow motion effects to your videos. The software is easy to use, designed in just 20 minutes to learn, can be quickly imported and exported into all popular formats, and enhances intuitive drag and drop controls.
Movavi offers an incredibly wide range of effects in the Movavi store.
- Buy titles, transitions and other perks designed by the Movavi team
- Media File Import – Supports all popular formats from camera, smartphone, or computer hard drive
- You can easily remove unwanted segments of your video clip, move segments, add titles, transitions, filters, and more.
- Save video clips to your hard drive, YouTube or 4K TV
- Multitrack editing
- Built-in media – video clips, backgrounds, sounds, music
- Video Stabilization – Removes distortion without affecting video quality
- You can combine multiple videos on one screen
- Audio Tools – Frequency, Noise Removal, Audio Normalization, Special Effects
With Movavi Video Editor, you can use your webcam to record video or automatically detect audio rhythms and sync them to your project tempo. It also supports Intel hardware acceleration.
Movavi Video Editor is released in three different versions, each serving the needs of different users.
Video editor 15
- Basic video editing tools
- Filters, transitions, titles, effects
- Montage Wizard – Useful for all settings
- Top 6 tracks on the timeline
- 5 ready-to-use intros and outros
- 10 sample video clips
- 27 songs built-in
- 10 stickers
- Fast processing of large HD videos
All of Video Editor 15 Plus Video Editor 15 editions are included and added as follows:
- Up to 99 tracks on the timeline
- Title keyframe animations, overlay videos, etc.
- Highlight and concealment tools
- 16 out-of-the-box intros and outros
- 20 sample video clips
- 39 built-in songs available
- 86 stickers
- High-speed processing of full HD and 4K video
Includes all the features found in the two previous versions of Movavi Video Editor Business Edition , including the following:
- You can use one key on two PCs
- Free minor updates
- Priority support
- Personal account manager
- Easier screen recording
- Improved recording frame – click and drag to select screen capture area
- You can schedule the recording to capture the screen at any time, even remotely
- New titles, stickers, music, backgrounds and more.
- Fast Track HD Technology – Provides excellent processing speed
The Business Edition of Movavi VideoEditor is designed for use in the business sector, but it can also be used by teachers, marketers, developers and bloggers.
Teachers can also provide more comprehensive and immersive educational sessions, create presentations with captions, callouts, and more to highlight actions performed with the keyboard and mouse.
Bloggers can use Movavi to create high quality content for video blogs. You can also easily edit, delete and filter unwanted parts of your video. You can also add background music and narration, and upload videos directly to YouTube.
NCH video pad
NCH’s Videopad is a surprisingly powerful software that makes it easy to create slow motion videos. The software has a user-friendly UI (user interface) that makes it easy to create professional-looking videos.
The software has a variety of video transitions and effects, digital audio tools, and excellent video optimization tools.
- Enables 3D video editing and 2D to 3D conversion
- You can add text, effects and overlays
- You can customize how the applied transition reacts
- You can import and export music tracks
- Audio effects – chorus, echo, distortion and more.
- You can easily record your own narration
- Customize colors and other visual effects
- Slow down or speed up the video
- Video Stabilization – Reduces sharp video shake
- Transition effects – crossfade, fade to black, dissolve, and more.
You can import videos (avi, mpeg, wmv, divX, Xvid, etc.), images (bmp, gif, jpg, png), and audio files (wav, mp3, m4a, mid, flac, etc.).
You can export your project directly by burning it to a disc (DVD, CD, Blu-ray) or exporting it to a hard drive or a video file on your hard drive (avi, wmv, mpg, etc.). You can post directly to YouTube, Facebook and Flickr.
VideoPad is released in two editions, each with different features.
- VideoPad Video Editor Home Edition – Includes all features, but only two audio tracks are allowed, no external plug-ins are allowed.
- VideoPad Video Editor Master Edition – Fully featured, offering unlimited audio tracks and plug-ins.
Ashampoo Video Optimizer Pro
Ashampoo Video Optimizer Pro is another great software option that makes it easy to apply slow motion effects to already recorded videos. You can also choose from a variety of video editing features.
This software can be used to improve video quality, stabilize unstable video, and optimize color and contrast. Another great feature of Ashampoo Video Optimizer is that it can easily remove digital noise.
After applying all the required effects to your clip, you can also use slow motion or time-lapse effects to further accentuate your creation. There is also a standard toolset for almost any video application that allows you to rotate, crop, and merge videos with the click of a button.
Other notable features of Ashampoo Video Optimizer Pro:
- Compatibility with smartphones, digital cameras and drones
- High-performance image stabilization
- Automatic fisheye remover
- Optimal color sharpness for crisp images
- Excellent exposure and contrast settings for optimal scene setup
- Tilt shift, noise reduction, flickering
- Batch processing
BeeCut is an excellent lightweight software alternative that allows you to play videos in slow motion. Basic video editing options You can find everything. This software allows you to crop, crop, combine, zoom in, adjust colors and play speed.
You can also use this software to add mosaic effects, text, audio, video files and more. You can easily import videos using the user-friendly interface and edit them as needed.
This software supports a wide range of aspect ratios. Video can be rendered in widescreen (16: 9), traditional (4: 3), Instagram video (1: 1), portrait (9:16), and Taobao video (3: 4) ratios. ..
Other notable features are:
- Drag and drop overlays and filters
- Various ready-made templates
- You can edit the audio file by adjusting the speed and volume
- Ability to add mosaic effects – this allows you to disguise every aspect of your video
- You can customize the video parameters (contrast, saturation, hue, etc.).
- Picture-in-picture option
- Allow Multitrack Use-Edit video, audio, PIP, overlays, and filter track footage at the same time
- You can add different masks to your video to give it a professional look
BeeCut licenses can be purchased for personal or business use. Both of these options come with monthly, annual, and lifetime subscription options.
Wondershare Filmora is another great software option that allows you to create, edit, and process all aspects of video creation. You can easily add a variety of effects, from slow motion to fast-forwarding any part of a clip.
The software includes hundreds of different types of presets, and the ease of use of the user interface provides a great customization tool, regardless of your experience in the field of video editing. You can easily add filters, overlays, elements, transitions, and even mix multiple layers of effects and audio into one.
Wondershare Filmora has a huge variety of effect racks for editing video colors, adding image overlays and text. The software also has a variety of royalty-free music. Create the perfect soundtrack for your video project.
All changes made to your project can be saved as presets so you don’t have to repeat the creation process too often. Why recreate the video from scratch when the saved presets are available? This saves time and makes you more productive.
The software’s extensive library of effects allows you to enhance video colors and add text and image overlays.
Wondershare Filmora also offers royalty-free music to create the best soundtrack for your videos that you can export to YouTube directly from your editor. You can add animated text and save it as a preset for future use.
Why do I see a black box on my computer screen?
You can also use the split-screen video or chroma key feature to create creative videos.
Other notable features of Wondershare Filmora are:
- Very intuitive
- Simple color correction and audio editing
- Advanced features such as PIP, green screen, tilt shift, mosaic, etc.
- Compatible with the most commonly used formats such as MP4, MKV, MOV, FLV etc.
- Split screen video options
- Add animated text
- You can easily slow down or speed up your video
- Chroma keying
These are our choices for the best video editing software that can easily slow down or speed up video recording.
Some of the software options on this list are suitable for experienced video editing professionals, while others are available to anyone without a learning process.
If you can’t find your favorite video software with slow motion in this list, please share your suggestions in the comments section below.